Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

For Whom The Bell Tolls


Mama and her fiancee' decided to plan the wedding for after Zacharias' return from boot camp. It seemed the perfect solution, she would be able to showcase all the children she wanted to showcase, and would have Zacharias around to help with setting it all up and cleaning up afterwards.



The day of the wedding dawned bright and clear, not unlike most days in their city.  The yard was a buzz of activity as caterers and florists began setting everything up.



Khalisee kept hidden in the bathroom, she wasn't sure how she was going to show her face.  Her sisters all had beautiful dresses, and this was what Mama had chosen for her to wear!  She sometimes wondered if Mama loved her or just loved making her life miserable.



Mama was beautiful as usual, as she walked down the aisle, Khalisee watched from the back. Her small wedding was quite large by most standards, she was certain there was well over 200 people in attendance! Vows were said, and the happy couple trotted down the aisle. 


Khalisee was kept busy the rest of the night clearing plates off of tables and making sure the buffet stayed full of all the wonderful dishes the caterers had brought with them. She only had time for small breaks when she watched enviously as people danced together on the dance floor, or laughed and talked at the tables. 


All too soon, morning came, the wedding was over, and it was time to say goodbye to her brother. "I promise I will write to you as often as I can, but if you don't hear from me, don't worry, it just means I'm a bit busy. I expect you to write too, Pita, everyday, your letters while I was in boot camp, they were what kept me going everyday! Stay strong and we will be together again soon, promise!"


He wrapped his arms around her, as she tried to hold back the tears, as she tried to be strong for him.
"No crying, this isn't goodbye, it's just a see ya later! You know I love you Khalisee, and I will always make sure you are safe, if you need anything, you write me and I will come as quickly as I can!"




She watched him walking towards the taxi that would take him to one of many planes he would be flying on over the next day, on his way to a war that wasn't even his own to fight.









No comments:

Post a Comment